Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The Soap Box - On-topic debate, discourse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> The Soap Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: The Soap Box - On-topic debate, discourse Reply with quote

A while ago, Bernie and me discussed the idea of me posting columns on this forum to stir up the discussions a bit.

From now on, I will post a column every friday. My topics are mainly philosophy, sex, art, pop music and personal 'adventures' (and preferably a combination of these). I'm looking forward to your reactions very much. For grammar nazism (always welcome, since English is not my native tongue) please PM me.

We then got the luminous idea of giving you, the people, the same chance. For starting a thread in this section, there's a few rules, though (apart from the forum rules that are always applicable).

- The thread has to start off with an actual column of, say, 3 paragraphs. It would of course be nice if you'd try to write your column so that it would be enjoyable to read. I've taught Creative Writing in the past and if you want me to have a look at your column before you post it, you can PM me (please note that I will only edit your columns for this section - I will not have a look at your fanfic short story, your latest novel or your loveletters).

- Your column must deal with an issue (public, personal or whatever - even videogames can be a good topic) and not just a question ( e.g. "Chuck Norris or Jackie Chan?!"). This distinguishes it from the General B.S. forum, where general debates are also welcome.

Okay, hope you enjoy our newest addition to the forum and let the debates begin!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> The Soap Box All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: