Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
I used to like talking about myself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: I used to like talking about myself. Reply with quote

I still do, but I used to, too.

Hi. I'm Crotchfire. You might remember me from Crotchfire sleeps with older women and Crotchfire talks about himself in the third person.

I hope you don't mind me indulging myself right now.

The last time I posted here was in January of 2009, a very different time for me in terms of where I was in my life... and a different time in the forum's life it seems. Before posting earlier today, I noticed not only that the most recent post was over two days old, but it wasn't by Aramor.

A lot's changed for me in the intervening years. I started graduate school in 2009, about 8 months after my last post. While there, I took up Argentine Tango. I would eventually be elected president of my school's Tango club. I started applying myself academically; actually trying to study and not spending every waking moment chasing tail. Had a few trysts and one-night stands regardless, but somewhere in there, I'd changed a little bit. I broke one girl's heart and I wish I hadn't. I cut my hair short again. I started looking for something long term. I've been in a monogamous (seriously!) relationship with the same girl for almost two years now... she's a tiny Taiwanese-American girl who's (gasp) 3 years younger me.

I finished my MS (Statistics) September of last year, and started job-hunting. It was hard. I couldn't find a job because I didn't have experience because I couldn't find a job... but in March, someone took a chance on me, and I've been working in an analytics position since.

I like my job. Occasionally I get to fly out to Europe and back, I've got a ton of freedom in how I do it, and I get to learn a lot in the process. These days, much of my work revolves around natural language processing. I'm starting to save up money. I hope to have my own house someday... but where it'll be, I couldn't say.

That brings me to the present. If you've read to this point, I thank you for indulging me in my narcissistic nostalgia and I'd love to read about how your life has changed in the past almost-four years Smile
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you really good a good thing going there. I'm happy for you Very Happy

As for me, my life really changed a lot in the past 2.5 years, because that's when I got a girlfriend who I still wake up next to each morning. And because of her I changed a lot.

Before I met her I was starting to develop a small drinking problem. I think the last 2 years before we started dating I was sober about 1 day a month. If I had a good month. I wasn't really doing much with my education and all I really did was drink, play video games and drink some more. Then I met her, I kicked things in gear and now I'm about a week away from graduating. To be honest, the whole graduation thing should've happened 3 months ago, but that's a whole other story.

Uhm, besides that, I'm waiting for a company to get back to me about a job. I've had 2 interviews with them already and those went well. The boss of the company even acknowledged that someone with my combination of skills is hard to find these days, so at least he thinks I'll be a valuable asset. Anyway, gonna start calling them next week to ask about their decision, since they said they'd contact me last week.

So, all in all, even though we got zero financial stability right now which is driving us both mad, my life is looking a whole lot better than it did 4 years ago.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
cfos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloo? I think you are up next for the Daily Affirmations and growth. As for me? I'll be reaching that vaulted age when the annual physical includes a prostate exam. Crying or Very sad

Seriously though, congrats to CF for getting the MS and for Aramar limiting his desired to be Sideways.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haaa, oh man. They say that the recommended age for prostate exams is 40, so I've still got 12 lovely years to wait for a doctor's finger in my bum. 12 LONG years, I hope.

'Grats on turning your life around, Aramor! Good luck on the job front, too; it took from September to March for me to finally get a good job offer, but my girlfriend's emotional support really helped a ton for me during that time. I can relate to where you're at, man. You'll get there. One of the very first things I did when I finally started getting paychecks was I built myself a new gaming (some things change and some things stay the same, eh?), and having that boot up for the first time, while seeing my bank account grow (and thus knowing I wouldn't have to worry about rent for a long time) was a great feeling.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: I used to like talking about myself. Reply with quote

Crotchfire, Aramor, I love your stories. We're all doing our things, eh? Smile

Crotchfire wrote:
I like my job. Occasionally I get to fly out to Europe and back..

Out of Europe and to.. Antarctica? Razz
Bloo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
Bloo? I think you are up next for the Daily Affirmations and growth.

Since Azreal and Simon are still M.I.A., I guess I am the youngest here and next in line for life transformation, or whatever.

I couldn't be more on track - I'll let you all know in 3-5 years.

But congrats to the rest of you on the baby-making and what not - it sounds like it's going great for everyone, and that makes me... kinda hopeful.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloo wrote:
cfos wrote:
Bloo? I think you are up next for the Daily Affirmations and growth.

Since Azreal and Simon are still M.I.A., I guess I am the youngest here and next in line for life transformation, or whatever.

Ha if you don't mind me asking, how old are ya?
Bloo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Just turned 21 last month. It's not very exciting. Maybe I need to grab life by the dick a little more.

Anyway, I've always assumed they were around the same age, so yeah, I'm in that group with Frost and that Carmen Sandiego guy, too (he changed names so often, I don't know what the hell to call him).
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Frost, still around? How about Carmen Sandiego guy? Lol.

What, no party? Happy belated to you Bloo!
Bloo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, this place was pretty dead in September. A picture of cake would be nice, though.

As for Frost and anyone else in that general age group, I haven't seen them in ages, man. Having them all appear at the same time as you guys would be too perfect.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, after a really long and shitty day, that's kinda nice. Smile
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with three cats and a strawberry cake Razz
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been more posts here in the last two days than in six months! Smile

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Council of Elrond demand for more posts. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: